Our client is a global a publicly traded medical device company that is in rapid growth mode.
As part of their strategic growth plans, we are looking to place an Accounting Manager who will bring public accounting and publicly-traded company experience.
The Manager, Accounting will be responsible for month end close, general ledger activities, world-wide consolidation, European finance team support, SEC reporting, SOX project management, and cost/manufacturing accounting.
- Manage all activities related to the monthly close process
- Accurate & timely preparation and review of journal entries
- Assist in SEC compliance efforts with the preparation, review, submission and distribution of financial reports, such as 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K
- Own the execution of SOX controls for Finance
- Preparation of audit and tax return support schedules
- Responsible for intercompany transfer pricing and interface/management of outside tax experts
- Prepare technical accounting memos utilizing research and analysis of technical guidance
- Support budgeting function
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Lead role in world-wide consolidation
- Lead various finance & accounting system implementations and build-out projects, as necessary
- Provide corporate accounting support to company EU Finance team(will likely require 1-2 trips to Europe per year)
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting requirements
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel\
- Proficiency in ERP accounting software (QAD – bonus)
- Extreme attention to detail, high levels of professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Strong general ledger skills; involvement with process improvement
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluations of identifiable factors;
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Highly analytical and able to efficiently problem-solve in dynamic work environment
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience
- Active CPA
- 6-10+ years of experience in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working within a publicly-traded company
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.