Senior Accountant - Banking
Regal Executive Search, Los Angeles California
Our Client is a Large banking institution in down town Los Angeles.
They are looking for a senior accountant to join their word class accounting department.
- Responsible for performing and facilitating accounting, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, and tax processes of the Bank.
- Primary responsibility for the quarterly financial reporting package for parent company and annual financial statements and footnotes including coordination, preparation, and review of related schedules and support.
- Execute income tax related processes for the Bank working together with bank external CPAs/tax consultants. Including, monthly and quarterly income tax provision and tax account true up, tax ledger/account monitoring and certification, coordinate annual bank federal and state income tax return filing and supporting schedules, support with other tax related items such as tax audits and special requests.
- Primary responsibility for quarterly bank regulatory filings – Call Report and FR Y-9 including coordination, preparation, and review of related schedules and support.
- Other tasks will be assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and Finance is required;
- Advanced degree in accounting, business or finance preferred
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting is required; and advanced degree in accounting, business or finance preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant license or achievement towards CPA license is required.
- Public accounting experience (external audit) at a Big Four or National firm preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and in accounting or finance role in financial institution preferred;
- Knowledge of the banking financial reporting functions is preferred;
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese (read, write, and speak) is a plus;
- Possesses teamwork spirit and work independently within the scope of responsibilities for the position.
- Strong analytical, creative, flexible skills, and manage well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Good command of oral and written communication.
- Computer literate, high level of proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel is required, and knowledge of related accounting applications.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.