Senior Accountant / Analyst
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
As part of their growth strategic plans, we are looking to fill an exceptional opportunity for an accountant with 3 to 5 years of general accounting, tax and audit experience who wants to break into the challenging field of forensic and management accounting.
They are a highly diverse practice which provides professional services in the areas of tax, commercial business services, insolvency, litigation, and forensic accounting.
Our ideal candidate is an individual who aspires to gain broad-based knowledge and experience in this multifaceted division of the company.
You will support the Division in the areas of forensic accounting, litigation, insolvency, and commercial client services. Work will involve a broad range of accounting, tax, and financial skills, along with exposure to a wide range of companies from small enterprises to large corporate entities operating in variety of industries.
- Prepare general accounting to assist clients in managerial oversight, forecasts, budgets and implementation of improved accounting and financial systems.
- Perform tax planning, forecasting, development of tax strategies, and tax preparation services.
- Perform bankruptcy, receivership, and other insolvency work in connection with Chapter 7 and 11 cases, liquidations, reorganizations, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, and other insolvency work.
- Demonstrate forensic accounting, business valuation and damages expertise and stay abreast of current news.
- Apply legal knowledge to research, analyze cases, and prepare interrogatories and discovery information.
- Analyze financial information received from clients and subject companies.
- Supervise SLBiggs support staff and review staff work and reports.
- Build client rapport and maintain smooth working relationships with clients.
- Professional development: attend continuing education seminars to build expertise.
- Develop contacts within financial and legal community for new business; attend meetings for the purpose of developing contacts and referral services.
- Promote the ideals, values, mission, and vision of the Firm.
- Maintain appropriate compliance with all Firm and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and provide status reports to Partners and Directors.
- Demonstrate ability to structure and perform financial consulting projects and effectively manage client expectations and relationships.
- A strong finance, accounting, or economics background and exposure to theory and applications are required.
- Legal knowledge and experience in legal research, analysis, and development of evidentiary material for use in legal proceedings.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and computer skills are required.
- Exceptional writing, communication, management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of support staff.
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients' offices, meetings, or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year.
- Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting; MBA, CPA, ASA, or CFA preferred.
- Background in accounting, finance, or economics.
- 3 to 5 years general accounting, audit, tax, and/or law.
- Executes and oversees assignments to ensure they are completed thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to clients and all levels of management.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.