Tax Accountant - Income Tax
Regal Executive Search, Mission Viejo, CA
TAX ACCOUNTANT – Income Tax
Our client is a global building materials company, the global leader in fiber cement technology.
We are looking for a tax accountant to join their growing team in Orange County.
The Income Tax Accountant will participate in the effective and efficient operation of the corporate tax department. This position assists in tax compliance, tax accounting requirements, and preparation and compilation of tax depreciation reports. In executing the responsibilities required of this position the Tax Accountant interacts with a variety of accounting and finance personnel throughout the Company.
State Income Tax Compliance:
- Prepares state annual reports;
- Prepares state and local income tax returns;
- Assists in preparation of quarterly estimated income tax returns and extensions;
- Responds to state notices;
- Assists in preparation of state apportionment workpapers; and
- Preparation of Limited Liability Company returns.
- Fixed Asset Tax Depreciation:
- Prepares quarterly and year end reports for Federal, State, AMT and E & P tax depreciation;
- Prepares quarterly and year end gain/loss reports;
- Reviews assets additions for proper useful life and compliance with capitalization policy; and
- Reconciles GAAP to tax balances.
- Assists in reconciliation of tax accounts; and
- Assists in preparation of quarterly schedules for FAS109 financial reporting.
- Filing of hard copy and soft copy documents; and
- Processing and mailing of completed tax returns and reports.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 1-2 years tax Accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prepare state and local income tax returns and supporting workpapers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tax depreciation guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Skilled in using standard features of various personal computer word processing, spreadsheet software, and tax return processing software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, pivot tables & V Lookups, OneSource, SAP and other financially-related and proprietary software).
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/