• Supervises teams of staff accountants.
• Plans and implements audits and reviews.
• Coaches/mentors individual team members.
• Ensures quality of work product.
• Communicates progress with partners and managers.
• Provides formal and informal feedback.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with client personnel.
• Participates in staff and senior training.
• Identifies areas to help clients improve their internal controls.
Skills & Requirements
• Undergraduate or masters degree.
• CPA certificate or demonstrated progress towards obtaining certificate.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to identify and propose resolutions to complex accounting issues.
• Proficient in preparation and review of work papers and the resultant financial statements.
• Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client service.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.