Senior DevOps Engineer
HUNTER Technical Resources, Atlanta Georgia
Senior DevOps Engineer
Direct Hire - W2 Only
We are seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer; this configuration management position will be responsible for overseeing and developing the configuration management infrastructure. The primary responsibilities will be to develop and maintain the infrastructure and automation related to build and deployment of the applications, to promote configuration management best practices within the development organization and to increase the efficiency of the build and deployment processes. Must be willing to investigate and share knowledge of industry best practices. The candidate must have excellent documentation skills, should be a proactive problem solver, and be willing to independently research solutions and then bring those solutions back to the team for review and acceptance. Work with application development team on builds and releases. Automate/script build and deployment processes in an Agile CI environment. Manage the release pipeline and help with maintaining code branches, and code merges as necessary.
Prior experience as a Dev-Ops engineer with project experience in the following: Jenkins, Subversion, Windows .Net web development, Powershell Scripting, IIS and Windows web application build and deployment automation, Oracle 11g, Capacity and system performance management experience a plus.
This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production.
Positions in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, employee fitness center and a merchandise discount. Relocation assistance available!
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Leads or plays a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, working from functional specifications. Directs junior staff in the coding and/or configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitors the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provides technical support and leads the effective problem resolution for customer inquiries and to resolve production issues.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior developers. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leads the development phase of work type 1 and small work type 2 projects, making work assignments and holding staff accountable.
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
- Makes modifications to jobs and schedules for jobs in production.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes including software development methodology, serving as a resource to others.
- Seen as an expert in the existing applications supporting the business area. Serves as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues with builds and deployment and offer solutions
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Provides technical leadership in their area of specialization.
Understands changing business needs for the area(s) supported and the subsequent impact on applications.
- Understands key business drivers, business metrics, etc. for the area(s) supported and applies that insight to deliver systems that add value to the business.
- Possesses a broad understanding of key business issues, metrics, and drivers for success gained through exposure to multiple systems and/or customer areas.
- Advises customers / business analysts on discrete technology-related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with customers / business analysts to determine the best solution.
- Provides input into project estimates.
- Designs projects with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms. Develops plans that anticipate and proactively address roadblocks and obstacles.
- Conducts complete diagnosis of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
- Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs, and offering and incorporating ideas.
· With minimal support, this position would analyze vendor proposals, evaluate build versus buy, and formulate significant components of a project plan.
· Proven ability to learn and understand technical details and issues as well as the ability to understand the customer' s business and their needs.
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate technologies. Focuses on learning and acquiring new skills related to technical direction.
- Creative problem solver, troubleshooter; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and quickly apply new concepts and skills. Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and consensus building skills. Flexible, adapts to change quickly and easily.
- Desire to push for continuous system improvement; make systems run stronger/faster/more efficiently
- Able to establish and maintain standards, system integrity and ensure quality assurance measurements within the group. Knowledge of release methodology a plus.
- Conducts and provides work estimates. Manages any vendors necessary to complete the project.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.