Senior Accounting Associate
Our client offers financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries with three core departments; Business Management, Accountancy, and Tax.
We are currently looking to appoint a new Senior Accounting Associate to join the Los Angeles Accounting department. The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for managing the day-to-day bookkeeping duties for a number of assigned clients, including on-going support to new team members as well as managing and supervising a team of 1 – 3 Accounting Associates.
- Preparation and review of client and company transactions in QuickBooks
- Preparation and review of all financial statement account reconciliations, including but not limited to: Cash, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Investments, Intercompany Accounts, Equity, etc.
- Preparation and review of client invoices and payments, if applicable
- Preparation and review of payroll runs/filings for applicable clients
- Preparation and review of month end, quarter end, and year end close process as applicable to each client, including the preparation and review of supporting schedules, reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly client reporting
- Assistance in the preparation of timely information and liaising with other departments to ensure tax deadlines are met
- Management of Client relationships when and where applicable and required
- Mentorship, Management and training of Associate members of the team
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience, public or private
- 1 – 3 years in supervisory experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Studying towards a CPA qualification
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organization, communication and prioritization skills
- A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work to deadline on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
- Commercial awareness and desire to understand the client businesses
- Experience with QuickBooks Online is preferred
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook proficient
- Experience with CCH Axcess desired
- Entertainment/Music interest or experience desired