Application Support Specialist
Application Support Job Description:
This position is the primary point of contact for internal and external users. Application Support Specialist has a key role in helping users quickly resolve their application issues (data entry problems, system defects, instruction, etc.), and in working with other IT teams as escalation points for system defects.
Application Support Principal Responsibilities Include:
• Troubleshooting all tickets in a timely manner (based on published SLAs) entered via ServiceNow ticketing system(s)
• Attaining efficient knowledge and know-how using the company’ s software and applications.
• Resolving basic customer issues (instruction, data entry issues, research denials, transaction, unexpected behavior)
• Quick troubleshooting and user communication for all issues in ticket system
• Setting up users in all proprietary applications
• Escalating tickets to and following up with users to give updates
Application Support Skills and Experience:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate problem solving skills: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information tactfully.
• Manages priorities and deadline with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read PL/SQL and T/SQL stored procedures
- Experience working in Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- General math skills are required
• Financial transactions and credit card industry experience a plus
• Microsoft Word and Excel experience is required
• SQL experience a must
• Excellent communication skills a must