Sr. Software Development Engineer, Data Processing
Protingent, San Mateo CA
Position Title: Sr. Software Development Engineer, Data Processing
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Mateo, California.
- Responsible for R&D of a distributed, scalable integration platform in the cloud.
- We are building an integration platform to handle modern volumes, varieties and velocities of data in cloud to facilitate faster operational and historical analytics.
- You will work with a top notch backend team in design and development of a distributed, multithreaded framework that will bring in data from customer’ s premise, external clouds and manage the evolution of data and schema efficiently.
- You have experience in building complex, multithreaded, distributed systems, using Java/Scala.
- Knowledge of Cloud based integration platforms and connector frameworks.
- You are an expert in Web Services and REST API design and implementation
- You care about Performance and Scalability of the modules you design and implement.
- You take pride in your knowledge of the art of writing code.
- You also excel in the ability to juggle priorities and make the right tradeoffs in feature content and timely delivery of features while ensuring customer success and technology leadership for the company.
- Familiarity with Hadoop technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN.
- You have a BS in Computer Science with 5 years of experience, MS in Computer Science with 2 years of experience.
- Tags: Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Integration Platforms, Backend
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.