Protingent, Redmond WA
Position Title: Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Our Redmond client is looking to bring on a Firmware Engineer to their team.
Job Description: The position is responsible for designing experiments; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving; innovating creative solutions; and clear communication of findings.
The position will require working on a cross function team to develop display systems, developing embedded control systems, including control algorithms, feedback mechanisms and calibration.
Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining documentation and release notes, contributing to the system specifications and defining functional tests.
Also responsible for performing design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, leading design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and reliability.
- Familiarity with semiconductor lasers, FPGAs and Verilog is desired
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering background, with a BS or MS degree.
- Strong math and programming skills (C, python required, C++ desirable).
- Experience with PID control systems, exposure in university okay.
- Embedded hardware experience, including understanding schematics, I2C, SPI, USB, RS232 and associated communication protocols
- Experience with debugging tools such as JTAG, oscilloscopes and bus analyzers
- Experience in creating test automation framework using python
- Can be fresh-out of school, must be self-driven, positive attitude
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.