Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, California.
- Responsible for CI/CD pipeline implementation, maintenance and improvements.
- Responsible for release management for multiple concurrent software releases across multiple products.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Facilitating and championing the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and escalations.
- Create, maintain tools for automatically analyzing crash dumps and generate statistical reports.
- Create, maintain tools for advanced device log analysis
- Create, maintain tools that are deemed necessary to make the engineering and support team work more effectively.
- Work with functional engineering team and support team to identify new quality issues and making sure they are tracked and worked on.
- Produce periodical reports on device quality issues from the field.
- Solid understanding of debugging and postmortem analysis techniques
- Strong knowledge of source control management and tools.
- Excellent investigation and debugging skills, can think outside of the box.
- Have an in-depth understanding of software life cycle management.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Expertise in Linux system admin and shell scripting
- Experience with Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible and JIRA
- +5 years’ experience in software development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated – willing to take the initiative to improve existing processes.
- Strong track record of learning new tools and technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as S3, EC2, CloudFront, etc.
- Good programming skills (C/C++) and scripting (Python).
- Experience working with customers.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.