Metallurgist R&D – Reading, PA
Lunova Group is looking for a talented R&D Metallurgist to join our client, a global leader in the specialty steel industry. This person will be responsible for providing technical services to customers, researching and planning experiments and coordinating research projects. This successful candidate will be a subject matter expert, combining technical experience with industry knowledge. The position is based in Eastern Pennsylvania.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Metallurgist R&D Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and execute experiments and then analyze and report the results
- Serve as technical lead on development programs
- Interact with customers to provide material solutions
- Support Product Development Metallurgists
- Creatively solve problems and develop solutions to technical issues
- Responsible for safe operations and effective use of work processes
- Other duties as assigned
Metallurgist R&D Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in metallurgy, materials science, engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ related industry experience is required
- Knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices
- Experience with Six Sigma or variation reduction preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to improve your existing knowledge and grow your career, please apply.