Construction Project Manager
Jansen Construction Company, Oregon City OR
The primary manager for customer service and construction activities on specific construction projects. Responsible for establishing and managing the overall project agenda. Responsible for project Profit and Loss and prioritization of construction activities.
Oversee projects ranging in size from very small to very large.
Manage the project budget.
Work with Superintendent(s) to identify means and methods for completion of the work.
Attend and manage all construction project meetings.
Keep minutes for all project meetings and distribute them immediately after the meeting.
Create a project plan.
Create and maintain the project master schedule.
Communicate with Superintendent, Project Administrator and Accounting staff to ensure effective information transfer.
Create and maintain submittal schedule and log. Oversee the submittal process.
Primary oversight and completion for subcontract buyout.
Secure all required permits.
Create and maintain an RFI log. Primary oversight of the RFI process.
Create and maintain a change order log. Manage the change order process with subcontractors and owners.
Approve and code purchase orders.
Complete and manage subcontractor change directives.
Complete weekly labor cost reviews and establish course of action for staying on budget.
Complete monthly materials cost review and establish course of action for staying on budget.
Complete monthly cost analysis and projections.
Create punch lists at regular intervals and at completion of the project.
- Project plan.
- Master schedule at the beginning of the project.
- Schedule updates monthly.
- Meeting Minutes
- Project Buyout
- Letters of Intent to Contract
- Purchase orders
- Submittal Process
- Transmittals / Submittals
- Submittal logs updated monthly
- Requests for Information
- RFI logs updated monthly
- Change Processes
- Owner change orders
- Subcontractor change orders
- Change directives
- Change order logs updated monthly
- Job Profitablity
- Labor Cost Review
- Materials Cost Review
- Monthly cost analysis and projections
- Written communications to subcontractors, owners, suppliers and internal staff.
- Project Punch Lists
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Strong complex planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills using scheduling software.
- Computer skills using excel spreadsheet software.
- Computer skills using proprietary accounting software.
- Experience in construction methods.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Desire to provide a high level of customer service and attain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Motivated to meet goals set out by Ownership.
- Desire to closely track project numbers.
- Creative mindset to tackle complex problems.
- Strong leadership culture with teamwork orientation
- Outstanding written and oral skills
- Ability to simplify complex situations
- Creative thinker with the ability to deliver “out of the box” solutions
- Nimble/Flexible and Entrepreneurial
- Ability to influence people and to inspire others to share your vision
- High attention to detail with a great ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience managing, teaching and growing direct reports
Company DescriptionJansen Construction Company is an Oregon City, Oregon based company that completes construction throughout the contiguous United States. Our primary expertise in Hotel construction and renovation has been cultivated since the company's inception in 1996. Our reputation is based on achieving customer satisfaction on every project we complete. We are a service organization and our success is dependent on the service level provided by every one of our employees.
Jansen Construction Company is about building and maintaining long term customer relationships. We prefer to negotiate contracts with existing customers and keep them by delivering unparalleled service.