Paper Mill Supervisor
Williams Industrial Services, Group
Summary: Northeast, Florida – Southeast, Georgia. Responsible for supervision of assigned labor resources on the project or an assigned area of a project under the direction of the superintendent. Accomplish assignments at and in accordance with direction of site manager utilizing knowledge and skills attained through experience in the recognized crafts or trades. Report findings, observations, and problems, make recommendations, and bring other matters of a similar nature for appropriate action. Provide technical guidance and direction; make recommendations for work assignments, and sequence and scheduling of assigned work, according to terms of governing contracts. Responsible for training and development of employees under his/her direction. Ensure that health and safety regulations are observed and adhered to by all subordinates. Ensure employee are qualified to perform work under his/her direction per site procedures/policies.
- Provide technical direction and manage assigned labor resources that accomplish assigned scope of work of Company contracts and projects.
- Insure full compliance to all Williams and Site safety procedures by all employees.
- Oversee and monitor schedule performance including review of ongoing and upcoming projects; investigate late activities; and assist project supervision in findings and solutions.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance, which includes reviewing ongoing and upcoming projects; develop innovative work methods.
- Implement shift turnover, which includes monitoring of work turned over to backshifts, amount and type of work assigned, and quality and quantity of work accomplished.
- Participate in the development of schedule planning during the pre-planning phase.
- Perform personnel activities including the hiring and supervision of labor resources, force reductions, promotions and demotions.
- Coordinate Craft Training - Train employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety and communication. Ensure that Company policies are adhered to and clearly understood by subordinates.
- Ensure that inter-department relations are maintained in a cooperative manner; ensure that new technical methodologies are investigated in order to improve the Company’ s capability and results.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards.
- Exhibit strong knowledge in Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical processes utilized in Pulp and Papermills.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 30 Card within 12 months of hire date.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills such as tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
- Make decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with customer and project profitability
- Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material
- Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems
- May work in an office environment and/or on the project site
- Ability to physically climb stairs, balance on scaffolding, access small, confined spaces and work in excessive heat and/or cold environments due to site visits
- Ability to travel to job sites
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to travel.
Education: Associate’ s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred; equivalent experience strongly considered.
Experience: Three to five years experience in construction, design, and/or management required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.