Our client is a molecular diagnostics company committed to innovating together to improve patient care.
This position will report to the Corporate Controller. This role will emphasize technical accounting, financial reporting and analysis, but also includes general accounting functions, and the ongoing development of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensure technical accounting issues are properly identified and accounted for in accordance with GAAP / (IFRS).
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to the finance organization as needed.
- Lead the analysis, and any necessary subsequent implementation, of new accounting standard updates.
- Document conclusions on executed transactions in technical accounting memos.
- Detailed contract review & interpretation for revenue implications and accounting treatment.
- Develop, implement and document revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation of the solutions.
- Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Assist internal and external tax preparers with requested schedules for preparation of federal, state and local filings.
- Ad hoc reporting and analyses.