Mach-Zender Modulator ( MZM ) Engineer
Our client is an innovative and dynamic manufacturing company located in the Austin, TX area and due to recent growth are looking to add a Mach-Zender Modulator Engineer to their team.
- The high-speed MZM Design Engineer will develop high performance MZM to be integrated in a Si Photonics system chip.
- The design must be tailored for our unique technology platform, and optimized for meeting challenging specs.
- The tasks include optical and RF simulations, design for fabrication and testing, design review, working with layout engineers, characterization of devices, data analysis, and performance report.
- Must have a solid understanding on III-V materials, strained multiple quantum wells, high-speed transmission lines, electro-optical modulation, and fiber optical communications.
- Understand how to design traveling-wave InP MZM for high efficiency, high speed, and low loss.
- Proficient in design and simulations for optical waveguides, high-speed transmission lines, semiconductor diodes, and multiple quantum wells.
- Familiar with modulator characterization and analysis.
- Able to work with processing engineers to define fabrication methods.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated track of record.
- Able to work hard in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Capable of delivering on aggressive goals/timelines.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
Send resume to Desmond Nugent at [email protected]