Desktop Support Specialist (Pharmaceutical)
Matrix Resources , Redwood City California
Click here to chat with a MATRIX Recruiter Absolutely amazing opportunity! MATRIX has a Fortune 500 client in search of a Field Service Technician. MATRIX has been a primary supplier of these roles over the years and has seen an exceptional conversion rate of our consultants to Perm employees with the client. Our client's commitment to respect, integrity, excellence and growth is unmatched. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today! Position: Laboratory Computing Specialist Location: Redwood City, CA 94063 Term: 2 Months Contract to Hire Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Resolve problem with Lab Computer not reporting to monitoring software: a break-fix work instruction will be available
- Client unable to log in: Process to troubleshoot and resolve, or escalate
- Security-related intervention
- Data collection or software issue: (not a classic break/fix scenario) initial dispatch, determination, and resolve or determine next step
- Check Antivirus: based on core technical tasks
- Perform physical inventory: Count and/or record asset tags (or other information) about computers in labs on a periodic basis
- Return lab computer to baseline: Evaluate the core configuration items and return them to baseline if necessary, monthly pro-active
- Perform Lab computer health-check: Locate and resolve network connectivity or computer AVA
- Assist in troubleshooting software and connectivity between benchtop and instruments.
- Work closely with instrument vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Participate in the installation, documentation and testing of upgraded instruments in both regulated and non-regulated laboratories
- Work with BMS to understand the LCS imaging process, core benchtops suite and systems management tools to be utilized on all systems.
- Deploy or update data management tools for backup and archive
- Participate in projects in support of laboratory computing at the local site, collaborating with IT Staff and clients at other sites.
- Desk-side support: diagnosis of hardware and software (as provided with OS distribution or additional mutual agreement)
- Other: upgrades and retirement support for both benchtops and instruments
- Remote hands as necessary.
- Support for specialized hardware/software to support business function
- Prior Scientific Lab Support experience with a Pharmaceutical Company supporting Regulated and non-Regulated benchtop Systems.
- Familiarity with related change control processes.