TPI Staffing, Pasadena TX
**Offering $20 Gas Bonus on first pay check as a THANK YOU for driving to closest TPI Staffing office! You must start work to receive this offer.**
TPI Staffing is looking for Repair Technicians in the Pasadena area! You will be working 1st shift. This is a Direct Hire opportunity paying $15-$16 per hour. Repair Technicians are responsible for all processes related to disassembly and assembly of less complex rotating equipment. They will follow instructions from a Repair job packet and router to perform DCI (Dismantle Clean and Inspect) and gives a written description of the wear and condition of critical components.
Once a TPI Staffing employee is hired by our client, company benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, 401k, 10 paid company holidays, New employees are granted vacation and sick time upon hire (pro-rated) and are eligible to take time beginning after 90 days of service.
- Will assemble the seal following assembly procedures specific to the product, complete all inspection forms, and uses inspection equipment for proper documentation of the assembly.
- Will install all tagging, and prep the seal (primary boxing) prior to moving it to shipping/receiving.
- Under close supervision, repairs returned seals or seal parts.
- Receives parts and materials returned by customers and branch offices.
- With assistance, identifies and inspects material returned.
- Record information on designated forms.
- With assistance, evaluate from condition of material, current drawing revisions and product knowledge whether material is restockable or repairable.
- Receive assistance from Seal Repair personnel or supervisor when needed.
- Ensure all components are properly cleaned and free from foreign material per departmental procedures.
- May perform simple operations on drill press (single spindle), tool post grinder, bead blast polisher and lapping machine.
- Perform the assembly of the seal once the repair has been released to the shop and all components have been replaced or reconditioned and marked ready for assembly.
- Verifies part specifications with measuring instruments such as micrometer, vernier caliper, dial indicator and optical flats.
- Consults with Engineering department or Sales departments as necessary.
- Works from factory work orders, prints, rework orders and verbal instructions.
- Performs simple contract lapping - at times rebuilds simple seals, etc.
- Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, decision-making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Ensures compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and neat work environment.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements.
- Minimum 12 months previous related shop experience plus two to six months on-the-job training.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.