7on / 7off Pediatric Hospitalist - South Iowa
Integrity Healthcare, Ottumwa Iowa
Health Center is seeking board certified or board eligible Pediatric Hospitalists to staff our Pediatric Hospitalist Program located in beautiful Southeast Iowa.
This is a full-time, hospital employed position with competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including student loan repayment, medical malpractice; CME; sign-on bonus, and relocation allowance plus additional benefits.
Description of Pediatric Hospitalist Services:
7 days on, 7 days off (24 hour schedule) not required to be on site, but must be within 15 minutes of campus while on duty
• Provide physician services to all pediatric inpatients admitted by Physician or any other Group Physician through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program;
• Provide physician services to all newborns, including appropriate care as soon as possible following all deliveries and C-Sections, including circumcisions and other minor procedures;
• Attend all C-Sections and other high-risk births for purposes of monitoring fetal health and providing immediate care to the newborns;
• Respond to requests from Emergency Department Physicians for consults or direct patient care of Pediatric Patients in the Emergency Department, including admissions;
• Provide appropriate care of Pediatric Patients awaiting transfer to a NICU or transfer to another hospital for services not available at the Medical Center;
• Provide all other services reasonably required to care for pediatric inpatients, including all newborns, admitted through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program; and
• Provide After-Hours Pediatric Hospitalist Services for unassigned Pediatric Patients who present to the Emergency Department for all pediatric inpatients at the Medical Center.
• Completion of a Pediatric Residency from an approved ACGME program
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics
• Certifications to include BLS, PALS or APLS, and NRP
Vibrant, growing community that offers excellent private and public schools, extensive park and trail systems, including a full water park, private and public golf courses, unique shopping and dining experiences as well as a beautiful civic center for symphonies, plays, musicals, and concerts. Located about an hour and a half from Des Moines and Iowa City.