Physician Assistant - Spine Opening in Southwestern Nebraska
Integrity Healthcare, North Platte nebraska
Physician Assistant - Spine; FIRST ASSIST EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Salary will depend on experience and discussed directly with candidate
- Comprehensive benefits including 4% 401k match
- STD tuition reimbursement
- Credentialing is 30 days
- EMR is Epic
• Mix of inpatient and outpatient: 70% outpatient with regular hospital consults and surgery cases
• Work week is typically 3-4 days in clinic for mid-level; provider has 2 half days and one full clinic day per week with current surgery blocks all day Tuesday and Thursday.
• Midlevel provider expected to assist physician in all surgery cases and follow patient care post- surgery, both in the hospital setting and in the provider practice setting
• Number of patients seen per day – for the salary being offered, midlevel provider is expected to see patients in the practice setting in conjunction with the provider, with growth in the area
of managing patients who are medically stable or need follow-up from surgical procedures to allow increased access to new patients on the provider schedule.
• Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o Expectation is that mid-level would start seeing patients before 9 a.m. daily.
• Hospital consults – Approximately 4-6 per week
Staff available -- Full-time office manager, 1 full-time RN, full-time diagnostic imaging tech for surgery and POC imaging, full-time office assistant Staffing expectations -- RN or MA specific to PA would be considered with volume justification
Call Expectations – participate in call in conjunction with provider; meet daily consults on in-patient units and hospital ER How long is the wait for an appointment – 1 – 2 weeks EMR – EPIC
At Great Plains Health Spine Center, our goal is to help patients regain full function as safely and quickly as possible. We feature the only comprehensive, patient-focused multidisciplinary spine team in west- central Nebraska. Together with our referring providers and advanced nursing care specialists, we guide patients through diagnosis and treatment and on to enjoying their lives again. With dedicated outpatient clinic and in-hospital programs, our integrated team approach leads to seamless coordination of care and quality outcomes.
Disorders we treat
• Arthritis of the spine
• Degenerative disk disease
• Slipped disk
• Spinal instability
• Spinal stenosis
• Strains and sprains
Outpatient surgeries For those individuals who do not respond well to aggressive nonsurgical care, our multidisciplinary spine team offers some of the most current and advanced surgical solutions to treat spinal conditions:
• Micro-discectomy for lumbar disk herniations
• Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for vertebral compression fractures
• Cervical discectomy and fusion for cervical disk herniations
SPINAL CONDITIONS AND MAJOR INPATIENT SURGERIES
• Reconstructive surgery of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, including disk replacement
• Degenerative conditions of the spine