Position: .Net Developer
Location: Houston, Tx
Salary: $80-$90K Direct Hire
Exciting opportunity with the nation's leading provider of integrated school safety technologies.
Currently seeking a .Net Developer with QA experience to build a robust test automation framework and create, execute and maintain test automation scripts. This role sits within the Engineering function and plays a key part in building the automation framework for Web and Mobile applications.
The individual will report directly to and work closely with the QA Director to define test strategy and processes, bringing automation in line with the existing functional/ regression aspect of the current test effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The individual will be responsible for the design and development of automated testing. Other responsibilities include:
- Implement and develop concise and easy to maintain test scripts that can be reused across a sub-system or feature.
- Design and create test scripts using C# to address areas such as database impacts, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests and usability in preparation for implementation or deployment.
- Develop and maintain Load & performance testing/ create metrics as and when required.
- Work with the QA Director to define test process and strategy associated with automation.
- Increase Test coverage, improve and automate Test strategies and software configurations during system testing.
Degree in a computing related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 + years of relevant experience in software development, application and infrastructure, systems integration, application implementation.
- Proven experience developing, maintaining and optimizing automated tests.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using C#. Specifically developing functions, libraries, adding control flow logic, loops and error handling etc.
- Proven experience implementing n-tier software solutions.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with Visual Studio for Web testing/ automation.
- Experience testing ASP.NET, .NET 2+, SQL, Windows GUI.
- Experience with Load/ Performance testing tools.
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques and STLC.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of Xamarin Test Cloud for mobile UI testing (nice to have)