A growing company with a great work environment is looking for a Fabrication Lead to join their team. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: NE Dallas, TX
Job Pay: $55K Base + Bonus
• Tasked with program/project lead small team of 1-3 fabricators to complete the effort on time in accordance with engineering work order
• Lead, guide and direct production staff to maximize throughput.
• Motivate and set the pace for production staff to meet goals and deadlines.
• Review work orders pre-build to determine schedule and budgeted hours and Identify possible flaws in design, materials or timeline.
• Determine production skills needed to complete the task correctly and on time.
• Review actual to budgeted hours daily with team members.
• Identify and communicate material needs and upcoming material shortages to the appropriate person in advance of running out.
• Identify and discuss production delays Production Manager.
• Provide feedback to design teams with or suggest improvements to work orders based on actual performance at the end of each job.
• Maintain/repair shop equipment and tools.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach to problem solving and solution selling.
• Highly organized, flexible and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and staff simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize efforts appropriately based on big picture perspective.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• 5-7 years of previous fabrication experience.
• Skilled in multiple trades; welding, electrical, wood working, metal fabrication, auto maintenance/body.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with varied internal clients.