Senior Electrical Engineer
Bayside Solutions, Mountain View CA
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the Mountain View area. This is an opportunity to work with a growing company on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Senior Electrical Engineer:
- An opportunity to work with a growing company on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- You will be working in a fast-paced startup environment, a key member of a small team working on big ideas.
- You will own the electrical design from end-to-end for new innovative light electric vehicles: from concept through architecture and design, simulation and analysis, to production and test.
- You will be responsible for both helping to define product performance requirements and writing test plans to validate those requirements are met both in development and volume production.
- You will work closely with internal and external teams to manage risks and keep projects on schedule.
- You will be a key liaison with client’ s manufacturing partners.
- BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (MS preferred).
- 5+ years of relevant coursework or work experience.
- Experienced in the selection and use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, voltage level translators, etc.).
- Comfortable designing and testing board-level power supplies.
- Familiar with 100W-1kW+ power switching circuits, high power semiconductor devices, gate drivers, and protection circuitry.
- Familiar with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls.
- Experienced doing or supervising PCB layout, defining PCB stack-up requirements, and optimizing component placements and routing in high power switching circuits for minimal EMC.
- Experienced in development of digital and analog interfaces for PC-based test systems, especially (Labview, Matlab, Python).
- Proficient with standard EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Excited to join a team of skilled, dedicated engineers working on the next generation of light electric vehicles!
- Experienced with embedded programming of DSPs and FPGAs in real-time control applications.
- Familiar with automotive networking (e.g. CAN) standards.
- Experienced in obtaining product safety certification through an NRTL (e.g. UL, CE, CSA, CCC, etc.).