Immediate Machinist opening on 1st shift. This is an opportunity to join a very team-oriented company that prides itself on longevity and minimal turnover. This facility doubled its size in 2011 and completed another expansion in 2018. For over 25 years, they have been a leader in their industry due to the quality of their personnel and product. Our relationship with this client can make sure that your resume gets noticed and you are given strong consideration for the opportunity.
- Proficiency in programming and operating a newer HAAS VF2 machining center.
- Ability to write programs in Bobcad required.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments, precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or venire calipers.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated or cooled.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Confer with numerical control programmers to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly and that output will meet specifications.
- Design fixtures, tooling, or experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Install repaired parts into equipment or install new equipment.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Program computers or electronic instruments, such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Separate waste and related materials for reuse, recycling, or disposal.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
- Shift: 7: 00am-3: 30pm Monday-Friday
- Pay: $18-24.00 depending on experience.
- Full benefit package available upon hire