Project Manager (Construction)
RealStreet, Columbia MD
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Project Manager (Construction) with one of our top clients. As a Project Manager (Construction), you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contracting firm.
The Project Manager (Construction) position is based in Columbia, Maryland supporting our client. The Project Manager (Construction) will be managing between 2 and 3 projects at any one time and will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities from concept through completion, to include:
- Managing the pre-construction and construction of small to medium sized commercial construction projects
- Interfacing with owners, design teams, consultants, subcontractors and field managers
- Managing 2 - 3 projects simultaneously while maintaining contact with existing clients and performing bidding and pre-construction activities for future opportunities
- Soliciting bids from subcontractors and assisting in the preparation of estimates and proposals
- Managing project finances, satisfying reporting requirements and utilizing one of the standard construction accounting platforms
- Creating multi-task schedules using standard scheduling software platforms
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with other construction and real estate professionals with a focus on creating business opportunities
- Identifying, soliciting, reviewing and editing project submittal data to assure conformance with project documents
- Managing finances, and reviewing and approving subcontractor requisitions and material invoices for payment