Broadcast Systems Engineer
J. Patrick & Associates, New York New York
Broadcast Systems Engineer
Our client, a leading Systems Integrator and Consulting firm specializing in the Audiovisual, Broadcast Systems, and Digital Media verticals is seeking a Broadcast Systems Engineer for its Design & Build practice. This group works with major media providers on their Master Control, Automation, Post Production facilities, Radio and Production Studios. This position is based in the Metro NY/NJ area, with regular trips to customer sites in NYC and remote locations. This is a full-time, direct-employment position. THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT POSITION.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer will support the Engineering department and Engineering management in managing the timely completion of engineering project deliverables, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets and quality guidelines. The Broadcast Systems Engineer will be responsible for technical designs: completeness, accuracy and appropriateness and that the engineering project design team is performing as per the specific project scope, budget and schedule. The Engineer will be responsible for sales support, service delivery, on-site commissioning, testing and customer acceptance Audio/Video systems, Control systems and IP Networks.
This position is responsible for development of work plan and schedule for Engineering projects and resources, as well as overseeing the engineering design elements of several projects. The qualified candidate will develop design concepts, produce design drawings and provide engineering site presence as required by the project
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 5-7+ years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
- Technical knowledge of several of the following required: Broad industry knowledge of broadcast, production, network, IPTV, digital media, digital asset management, streaming media (audio & video) and IT applications.
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred. Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of broadcast, digital media, audiovisual equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
- Qualified candidate will have 5 years experience in digital media systems engineering (broadcast, digital video, streaming video, audiovisual systems, presentations systems and videoconferencing, as well as networking and storage systems for video content distribution)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a system design and integration, engineering, manufacturer or broadcasting firm.
- Knowledge of Construction Practices helpful.
- Strong preference for design & build, consulting firm experience versus equipment vendor background.
- Demonstrated skills in communication and customer needs analysis.
- Demonstrated skills with drawing and project management programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Visio.
- Computer skills proficiency including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Electrical Engineering or Electronics background helpful.
- Low-Voltage contracting helpful.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent analysis and problem solving skills.