We are looking for an accounting clerk to join our growing team!
The team is looking for candidates with experience working with large data sets and using excel for client or internal investigations or analysis. previous client facing experience is useful though not necessary.
Work with calculators, databases and various accounting software to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete and accurate.
With minimum supervision, perform a variety of duties such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, auditing, customer service, etc.
- Handle basic Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Transactions
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records using journals and ledgers or computers
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
Knowledge and Experience
- Training or education in accounting or related financial discipline
- 2+ years financial and/or accounting experience required
- May require business function knowledge
Skills and Competencies
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Knowledge of federal, provincial/state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
Volt is an equal opportunity employer!