Position: Optical Lab Technician
Pay Rate: $8.15-8.50/hr.
Location: Youngstown, Ohio 44505
- 1st Shift – 6AM-2PM, Monday-Friday
- 2nd Shift – 2PM-10PM, Monday-Friday
- 3rd Shift – 10P-6AM, Sunday-Thursday
Volt is looking for an Optical Technician (All Shifts) professional to work with our client, located in Youngstown, OH and surrounding areas. Our client is committed to offering affordable, accessible, high-quality eye care insurance to the world that promoted visual wellness and improved members' quality of life.
* Inventory control functions including assist with stocking lens shelves, sort and distribute trays, pull semi-finished or finished lenses, and perform cosmetic inspection and restock.
* Lens stocking including print and tray up jobs off the combob, pull lenses & transcribe digital jobs through the lab management system, stage work in designated areas, and assist with lens stocking and inventory.
* Operates the automatic taper
* Tints edged and uncut lenses
* Expeditor functions including flagging work to move
* Pre-shipping wash-up functions including providing needed masks/cloths as needed
* Assist in efficiently moving work through the department
* Maintain company safety standards and a clean workstation
* Assist and cooperate with other departments.
* Ensure understanding and adherence to the company’s quality management and safety requirements, systems and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
This is a direct hire position in Youngtstown, OH and is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Optical Technician Qualifications:
* High School Diploma/Equivalent
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* One to two years of manufacturing, production, or optical tech experience
* Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the functions of an Optical Technician
* Must be able to work any shift, time, and day
* Ability to meet department standards for productivity and quality
* Ability to communicate at a level necessary to accomplish the above tasks
* Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
* Ability to perform physical activities requiring bending, kneeling and pulling/pushing
* Ability to recognize and distinguish colors
* Ability to understand and follow procedures
* Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
* Ability to walk or stand up to 100% of the time
* An updated resume and reference information is required!
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.