Join ESC’s team today as a Technical Designer at our premier client, supporting the Women’s Design team in processing samples, attending fittings, updating design sketches and performing various tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Process samples - measure, prepare samples for fittings
- Use Adobe Illustrator to update design sketches as needed
- Attend proto fittings/product review meetings, take notes during fitting and write basic fit comments to ensure desired aesthetic and measurements are met and update all necessary changes in PLM.
- Learn/Use PLM system to set up measurement specs, enter fit comments and enter sample measurements.
- Approve style for production, where applicable, record fit session in PLM and handoff plus size to Technical Design Team.
- Take fit photos and edit/upload photos in PLM system for fit feedback to vendors.
Tracking & Deadlines:
- Measure and track supplier performance in terms of submit turn time, quality, execution and communication.
- Maintain the time and action calendar including milestones such as packet completion, sending of proto comments and graded spec approvals where applicable.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design or closely related program
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Technical Design or apparel product development experience
- Working knowledge of apparel development & experience with textiles
- Extensive knowledge of tech packs and apparel technical communication required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and PLM experience is a plus
- Can manage quick timelines efficiently and independently
- Flexible, organized, and adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Works well under a high-pressure environment