Properly receive, inspect, and store all incoming material by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Remove product from packaging and verify accuracy, security and condition of product.
- Receive products into the appropriate Syteline warehouse and location, using proper FIFO inventory storage methods and following all purchase order instructions as needed.
- Properly seal and secure packages received
- Affix all identification labels as per work instructions
- Assure all products identified on the Purchase Order have been included.
- Inspect products per the inspection standard to verify acceptability and accuracy.
- Work with the sourcing and product engineering team to resolve any purchase order, or part number/revision discrepancies.
- Unload incoming freight by use of a pallet truck, forklift or by hand.
- Properly maintain organization and cleanliness of the incoming materials area (5S principles).
- Strive to improve the efficiency and accuracy of existing processes through creative thinking and the help of other groups within the organization.
- Participate and cooperate in ISO and/or customer audits.
- Provide efficient and accurate information to all internal customers.
- Participate as a team member in the annual physical inventory process.
- Inspect materials, products, and containers and verify process
- Able to cycle count inventoried items
- Sort and package special packaging material (Manuals, CD’s, Disks, etc)
- Prioritize and process Customer Orders and Service Repair Orders per the customer requirements and company commitments.
- Process small package and truck load shipments
- Work with international shipping regulations and procedures
- Communicate (via face to face, telephone and email) daily with shipping vendors
- Maintain working relationships with various departments
QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum one year related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- A valid Wisconsin Driver's License
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Forklift experience