Are you looking to jump start your career in technology or have you ever performed your own troubleshooting with computers or technology? If so, we have an immediate opening at a local technology company in Waukesha. This is a 1st or 2nd shift position M-F, 6am-2:30pm or 2:30pm-11pm and our client is looking for candidates to immediately interview and hire. A few details about the position:
- This role is 100% hands on working within a team of 8 in the production and building of high level and complex embedded computers and servers which are used in the military, training and simulation applications, and CT scanning machines to name a few
- Full construction involves every component from motherboards and processors, to disk drives, network cards, SATA/USB cabling and more
- You will deploy images onto the computers using Ghost and Acronis and configure their operating systems to client specifications and test the hardware, software, and [if applicable] any peripheral components
- This is a 90-day contract to hire role and once permanent you are eligible for 3 weeks’ PTO, health insurance, 401k and an annual reimbursement of up to $3500/yr for any continuing education or certifications
- There will be one interview and feedback typically takes anywhere from two hours to 24 hours until an offer is made
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in a computer related field or equivalent combination of training and in a technical capacity, objective evidence of accelerated knowledge of operating systems, computer hardware or related technology required (i.e. MCSE, MCP, ACE (Unix), or other industry recognized certifications).
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations, and other associates of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate instructions to assist in the training of other associates.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to work up to 10 hour shifts and including Saturdays as needed.