Jobs related to "Network Engineer - SATCOM RF"
Network Engineer - SATCOM RF
Volt, Kirkland Washington
Major technology company is seeking a Satcom Network Engineer for operations duties supporting the Client's Network Operations Center. Primary duties will include monitoring, troubleshooting, RF and providing exceptional customer and team support. The position requires the ability to triage or troubleshoot the problem, if possible and escalate through the proper channels. Satellite communication control functions require experience and understanding of IP network and broadband RF network. This include being knowledge in the implementation of the OSI and/or TCP/IP reference model and the TMN Reference Model. A high level of attention to detail and ability to stay focused for long periods of time is required as well as a complete understanding of FCAPS. All aspects of FCAPS for the production system will be monitored, maintained and problem resolved by this position. Off –hour, including nights, weekends and holidays (7x24/365) support is required. Some travel is also required.
Additional Qualifications, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- A strong ability to diagnose network alerts, events or issues.
- Understanding of common information architecture framework
- Have a strong knowledge of Satcom RF applications, computing and network systems to assist in troubleshooting techniques.
- A working understanding of RF systems, specifically satellite systems. Antenna knowledge, up converter and down converters.
- Develops test plans such as functional, integration and usability. Tests delivery systems and/or components to ensure that components and systems function according to test plans and are ready for production.
- Makes choices in the use of testing techniques that will be appropriate to ensure production readiness of network computing components. Assesses component for readiness and determines whether or not it should be implemented. Documents and presents results and proposes corrective actions as needed to stakeholders, peers and suppliers to validate delivery systems and/or components functions.
- Evaluates and documents emerging technology trends and products of potential interest to the company in advanced technology area of expertise. Reviews technical literature and commercial products.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer