The Property Manager position supports and assists in the management of commercial real estate. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property. The Property Manager reports to the Asset Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self- motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes—paper (historically) and electronic (going forward).
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Become proficient with Yardi Voyage property management software. Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking. Monitor all key dates and reporting within the Yardi Voyager system.
- Work with the Directory of Property Management to establish the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Prepare memos, emails, maintain files, prepare expense reports and other administrative forms, copying, and arrange for courier service and overnight deliveries
Coordinate production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc.
- Assist in the production of annual reports to investors.
- Assist in preparation of transaction related documents.
- Maintain contact and other databases for company.
- Coordinate regular inventories of all business property.
- Contractor coordination.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins.
- Obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property. Generate and track Service Orders, approvals and distribution.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site & off-site meetings and conference calls.
- Collect and organize all property information in a format for quick reference.
- Verify in detail all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts.
- Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate meter readings and assist in calculating utility bill-backs to tenants.
- Manage parking passes, and parking counts for all leases.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Supervise company handyman and parking attendants. Conduct annual reviews and oversee handyman and parking operations.