Recruiting & Admissions Specialist
The Michael G. Foster School of Business consistently ranks among the top business schools in the United States—for both undergraduate and graduate degrees. The Foster School has an outstanding opportunity for a Recruiting & Admissions Specialist to support the Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program.
This position will have a set schedule of 7:30am – 4:30pm, but may work varied days/times depending on program needs. Semi-frequent evening and weekend work will be required.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of a variety of program recruitment and admissions activities and must make independent decisions that will support overall departmental goals and strategies with respect to prospective students, admitted applicants, and alumni. This position requires strong people skills and knowledge of university procedures, rules, systems, and policies. The person in this position must be able to communicate effectively with prospective students and applicants with widely varying academic backgrounds, work experiences, and nationalities.
Outreach & Recruitment
• The Recruiting and Admissions Specialist is first in line to meet with prospective students. This person must have a deep understanding of the program and be flexible to meet with candidates via drop-in or appointments, Skype, phone or email
• Respond to a high volume of inquiries about topics such as program fees, financial aid, curriculum, career services provided, informational events, application process, etc
• Advise prospective students on the MSIS program – prerequisites, minimum requirements, curriculum, program fit, and preparation of application materials
• Develop and execute strategies for prospective student engagement including – but not limited to – information sessions, applications workshop, special recruiting events, social media and program website
• Present information sessions and application workshops to prospective students
• Represent the graduate program at career fairs, recruiting events and meetings
• Manage the prospective student Class Visit program
• Advise student ambassadors on how to promote Foster, share their experiences and give advice to prospective students participating in the Class Visit program
• Oversee marketing campaigns and prospective student communication plans, including email newsletters, postcard mailings, and other communications as needed. Manage the program’s CRM and be responsible for data integrity
• Work closely with the MSIS Assistant Director of Admissions & Alumni Relations to explore ways to include recruitment in alumni events
Admissions & New Student Onboarding
• Manage the inflow of application materials and maintain confidential applicant information with a high degree of accuracy. Correspond with applicants regarding materials received
• Track candidates as they move through the evaluation, interview, and decision process. Monitor the waitlist, providing updates to and responding to questions from candidates until they receive final decisions
• Prepare admission decision materials and convey admissions decisions in the Graduate School’s MyGrad Program
• Design and manage the new student onboarding process including, but not limited to, the new student Orientation
• Plan, oversee and execute the new student Orientation
Administration & Budget
• Act as liaison with the UW Graduate School to ensure UW and Foster School policies and procedures are followed
• Oversee program budgets for recruitment events and Class Visit program.
• Develop reports evaluating performance and effectiveness of recruiting and admissions events and activities
· Bachelor’s degree in education, business, communications, marketing, social sciences, or a related field
· Three years of experience in an advising/counseling capacity in an educational or non profit setting
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven success working in a highly collaborative professional environment
· Strong technological savvy and a high level of proficiency with the MS Office Suite
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and initiative
· Resourceful and innovative attitude and a desire to use available information to solve problems in a self-directed manner
· Ability to relate positively with culturally diverse populations
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage diverse work assignments and priorities that range in duration and time sensitivity to meet deadlines, implement organizational skills and multi-task
· Flexibility and ability to support evening and Saturday program events and activities when needed
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
- Admissions or enrollment services experience
- Advanced social media knowledge
- Content writing experience
- Strong technological savvy
- Knowledge of CRM software and/or advanced database skills.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Background check required.