Project Manager (IT Procurement)
PMP Project Manager will work with members of the firms IS department, on leading Project Management Office (PMO), managing project alignment, resource management, conducting project conferences, and coordinating on other project related tasks related to procurement & purchasing related responsibilities.
Coordinates purchasing, subscriptions or account creation for various projects, such as the opening of a new office or coordinating with providers we have a subscription with (i.e. telecommunications, Internet, MPLS, etc.)
Implementing a comprehensive project management plan for projects; project summary, scope, milestones, tasks, and resource alignment, into the Firm' s project management platform;
- Acts as the primary lead of project standardization and builds consistency across the entire project lifecycle
- Conducts stakeholder meetings and consistent periodic project update conferences to check in on the progress, needs, outcomes, resource allocation, scheduling, and outstanding items, of all projects
- Perform procurement related tasks such as material, hardware, software or supply purchasing, for the IS Department with approved suppliers and vendors
- Centralize projects and IS Department related cost centers, including vendor invoices, purchasing, Purchase Order requests, cost recovery, and refunds/returns
- Work toward consolidating purchasing and sourcing material from as few providers as possible, and being cognizant of both costs and areas for cost reduction;
- Lead organization tasks around annualized department budget, including status, record keeping and budget alignment/performance over the course of a calendar year and on a historical trend;
- Determine and document customer requirements for business processes and align all Firm goals within the same mentality & approach;
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements;
- Serve as liaison to various other Business Services groups within the Firm, such as Accounting or Human Resources, to identify project related work or opportunities for projects, which promote or enhance Firm efficiency or process simplification;
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share opinions, issues, ideas and findings;
- Manage projects and communicate both positive/negative positions to all those involved;
- Escalate substantial project deficiencies or misalignment with goals to the Chief Information Officer via consistently provided KPI reports, project updates, and summaries based on facts with opinion.
- Maintaining a consistent commitment toward professional growth and achievement through education, skill building, & training resources.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Creates and manages analytical reports for project management and procurement.
- Analyzes information to determine the needs of stakeholders and facilitates communication between organizational units.
- Performs audits of physical equipment, digital subscriptions and software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience and exposure to the common project management frameworks, such as PMI, Agile and ITIL;
- Ability and adeptness at managing multiple concurrent tasks & projects;
- Excellent attention to detail, focus, and communication skills.
- 8 years of Information Technology experience, with project management focus.
- BS in the Information Technology
- Experience with utilizing project management tools: Microsoft Project, Teamwork.com, or Zoho Projects.
Contact Krisha Morander [email protected]
Comprehensive health benefits package