Clinical Support Nurse - Ortho - Days
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis, St. Louis Missouri
This job is no longer available.
Role Purpose: The Clinical Nurse Support drives progress toward best care and best results through coaching and mentoring of staff and advocating for best practices. Responsibilities:
- Collaboration of the entire care team.
- Contributes to the exceptional patient experience through facilitating smooth transitions through the patient care process, assuring active
- Assures the active involvement of patients and their families throughout the process.
- Drives physician partnership by encouraging collaboration and relationship building between physicians and clinical care staff. Promotes exceptional employee commitment by mentoring, coaching and staff development; making assignments with the developmental needs of staff in mind.
- Facilitates the respectful and responsible utilization of resources, while safely optimizing efficiency and productivity.
- Advocates for best care/best results in all team interactions, making assignments, providing coaching/mentoring, encouraging team communication and problem solving where necessary.
- Contributes to the overall employee experience by encouraging, promoting and facilitating communication, projects, celebration and recognition both within and between groups.
- Exhibits the following behaviors: proactively identify and resolve issues that arise in the department; display a positive and supportive attitude towards SSM and our organizational goals; model professional conduct related to a leadership role (eg. attendance; recognizing professional boundaries).
- Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
- State of MO RN License
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree