Jobs related to "Executive Assistant - Temporary"
Executive Assistant - Temporary
The Bagg Group, Toronto On
Our well-recognized Canadian organization is looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team for a 4-month contract, with the potential to extend! The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative and support services relative to communications, project coordination and records management. The successful individual will contribute towards the effective achievement of the business goals and strategies.
- Manage and be responsible for the provision of administrative services relative to communications, project coordination and records management. Prepare correspondence and submissions, including reports, forms, memos, including labour relations and other information to be processed. Compose routine and non-routine correspondence for supervisor's signature. Exercise delegated authority to sign specified types of correspondence which may include subject matter other than normal routine administrative items. Prepare reports, using submissions provided from direct reports. Manage computerized office systems for tracking internal and external correspondence and action items for supervisor. Prepare and process confidential material, as required.
- Arrange meetings with internal staff, senior management, external groups and government, as required. Conduct research and data gathering activities to obtain required information from internal and external sources, preparing and assembling materials. Inform senior management of topics and issues to be discussed, as required. Perform a liaison function between supervisor and other senior management, including the executive office, to coordinate various activities and projects such as business planning, budget preparation, performance measurement and reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all domestic and overseas travel, transportation and accommodation arrangements, including personal itinerary, cash advances, provision of foreign currency, etc.
- Coordinate and participate with supervisor in setting priorities, scheduling work projects, advising on the status of work, target dates, scheduling meetings and the scheduling impact of new or pending assignments. Coordinate appointment schedule and travel requirements.
- Arrange and handle requests for meetings, speaking engagements, media interviews, conferences, etc., recognizing sensitivity and confidentiality in relation to primary contacts, importance of attention, availability, etc. Maintain calendar, coordinating requests for supervisor's time with that of internal staff, senior management, external groups and government agencies.
- Manage the administrative responsibilities associated with supervisor's membership on external boards, committees and agencies, including coordinating supervisor's schedule with those of external groups and individuals.
- Review and apply account numbers, investigate variances and work with others to resolve discrepancies. Notify supervisor of any unresolved discrepancies.
- Control all incoming and outgoing mail, telephone calls and interface with contacts. Determine the issue and priority of response. Re-route direct enquiries or communications as necessary to appropriate staff within the company.
- Supervise clerical staff, assuming responsibility for planning, scheduling, assigning, instructing and checking quality of work on a continuous basis. Provide advice and guidance on problems encountered. Refer personnel matters to supervisor.
- Within the general context of job responsibilities, make suggestions regarding improved administrative efficiency and develop and recommend various administrative procedures.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all submissions to the Management Committee, the Board of Directors and various board committees, for the Business Unit. Maintain tracking systems to ensure deadlines are met. Coordinate Business Unit initiatives submissions. Produce monthly Initiatives Report and submit directly to the Chairman's office.
- A university degree or post-secondary education is considered a definite asset
- Solid experience supporting senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy with both internal and external stakeholders
- An executive presence and communication style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of an organization and with external stakeholders
- A proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced organization that is constantly changing and has multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and an energetic demeanour
- Strong attention to detail and sharp focus on keeping track of commitments and responsibilities
- Meets deadlines and possess a sense of urgency
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: [email protected]
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.