We Are HiringYou’ve designed products. You’ve designed experiences. Now come join us in building the future of people-centered healthcare. Be a part of creating something special from the ground up that truly makes a difference.
Why Join Ascension?Ascension is driving the future of healthcare through our nation-wide transformation initiative. We have established an in-house, interdisciplinary Design Team tasked with designing the technology-enabled services and experiences of healthcare across the entire spectrum of care delivery. This team – in deep collaboration with colleagues in design, product management, technology, clinical practice, and more – uses human-centered design methods to understand the needs and motivations of our patients and providers and bring solutions to life. Our vision is to create seamless end-to-end experiences for patients and providers through a cohesive ecosystem of well-designed, user-friendly applications, products and services. From problem discovery to product delivery, we put patients and providers at the center of everything we do.
What You Will DoAs a UX researcher, you will be at the forefront of this transformation by identifying the most impactful problems for us to solve. Through a deep understanding of patient and provider workflows, challenges and unmet needs, your research will set the foundation for solutions that help providers deliver the best quality patient care. You will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of designers and product managers on field research, concept envisioning and iterative testing. You will be part of a growing team and will help drive research excellence through industry best practices. Using powerful insight-to-impact stories and innovation workshops you will evangelize the value of a human-centered design approach in the organization. Key Responsibilities
- Conduct exploratory research, concept validation and usability testing on various projects
- Gather data, synthesize it into actionable insights and disseminate findings to various teams through reports and presentations
- Create research reports, user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen organizational understanding of our users.
- Collaborate with designers to test design concepts through lean research and usability testing.
- Facilitate innovation workshops with designers, product managers, engineers and other stakeholders on envisioning exercises grounded in research insights
What You Will NeedEducation:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering or similar field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in UX research
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and their application
- Experience conducting ethnography, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, contextual field visits, workflow analysis, usability testing and human factors studies
- Strong knowledge of statistics and research study design
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience conducting UX research in healthcare
- Experience leading and managing multiple research projects
- Experience working with agile design and development teams
- Experience working on fast-paced research projects and bringing products to market
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)