Service Training Manager, Patina Restaurant Group - Los Angeles
LACMA Cafe, Los Angeles California
Patina Restaurant Group prides itself on bringing world-class cuisine and service to all of our existing and new locations as the company grows. The Training Manager will play a pivotal role in formalizing various training programs and elevating service within the company. Patina is looking for experienced and dedicated leaders to join our team and lead on new adventures. An effective Service Training Manager is engaging, charismatic and enthusiastic in their training and communication style and can effectively enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work. They must develop clear and concise training materials and workshops for hourly and management team members while effectively communicating company policies and procedures. The ideal candidate has aptitude for business, leadership, human resources, development and education.Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient rollout of new training programs; assist with and lead training for new restaurant openings
- Implement and manage new and existing operational training in designated restaurants, including on-boarding, service, and hospitality expectations.
- Facilitate onboarding and lead orientations for new managers. Develop and manage training schedules for salaried management in operations and corporate functions.
- Teach and uphold company policies, procedures and practices; convey proper leadership skills by establishing the standard for performance expectations.
- Assist in mass hiring events, particulary with a focus on guiding the development of a cohesiveness team for new openings or high profile seasonal events.
- Develop retention strategies and succession planning for team members of various levels of tenure, while maintaining own personal retention of all operational responsibilities by conducting site visits in order to effectively lead by example and have complete understanding of restaurant processes.
- Partner with Human Resources to create development plans, and follow up with consistent scheduled check-ins of associates on plans.
- Continuously collaborate with corporate and operations team members to improve internal and external service and hospitality.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion..Qualifications
- 3-5 years of upper restaurant management experience (Assistant General Manager, Service Director, or higher) in a full service, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit.
- Training background on a multi-unit level highly preferred (such as Corporate Trainer); experience in developing instructional material for adult learning and analyzing job performance preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hospitality, Management, Business, or other applicable specialization is a plus.
- Degree of mastery in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with MICROS, Kronos, Peoplesoft, Avero, and Prezi is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; exceptional social and project management skills.
- Flexible availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, based on business needs.
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to establish and meet deadlines. Must be able to manage multiple assignments/tasks simultaneously.
- 75% local travel within Los Angeles and Orange County. 25% based at corporate office in Downtown Los Angeles.
#LI-AB1Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group's exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
More detail about LACMA Cafe part of Delaware North, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/51589-lacma-cafe