We are looking for candidates with experience operating slitting machinces. Candidates should have the ability to operate and maintain slitters, assist in training, and ensure a safe and clean working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to other team members in performing quality slitting and meeting manufacturing goals.
- Demonstrate expertise on all slitting and rewind equipment and processes.
- Demonstrate expertise on visual defect detecion.
- Provide leadership to packer in performing quality slitting and meeting manufacturing goals.
- Read and understand work orders for current jobs and upcoming jobs including specifications.
- Maintain accurate paperwork, SAP/ PDC functions for jobs.
- Perform all quality checks and make slitter and rewinder adjustments during start-up.
- Plan ahead and ensure that team members for the upcoming jobs prepare all set-ups.
- Perform all initial quality checks and periodically throughout the run and adjust the slitter accordingly to ensure zero defects to the customer.
- Perform daily and periodic cleaning and preventative maintenance.
- Plan ahead and ensure that all set-ups are prepared for current and upcoming jobs.
- Observe and make recommendations on all issues regarding safety, quality, waste, and production.
- Monitor product quality, obtain and measure samples.
- Responsible for all measurements, identifying and resolving visual defects and finish rolls that do not meet customer quality specifications.
- All other duties appropriate to the position as assigned or required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training