Based in Los Angeles, 3DEO’s breakthrough Intelligent Layering® technology unlocks high-volume metal 3D printing by drastically reducing final part cost. Despite the low cost, our parts meet the high industry benchmark MPIF Standard 35 while still achieving tight tolerances and an industry leading surface finish. Intelligent Layering® opens metal 3D printing to most of the industries that can’t afford today’s expensive options. Leveraging its unique technology as a parts supplier, 3DEO sells high-volume, high-value metal parts to manufacturers with a variety of applications across a wide range of industries.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and innovative individual that’s looking to make an impact in a highly skilled, core technology team with strong manufacturing and quality talent. Our current manufacturing team has a strong core of manufacturing engineers and operational staff that with the right direction and additional resources will be able to scale the operation to world-class standards. As a key member of our manufacturing core, you will help develop and operate a new wave of high-quality part manufacturing capabilities in metal AM. This is a full-time position.
The Production Manager will work on optimizing manufacturing processes, setting and monitoring KPIs, supporting quality control infrastructure and methodology as well as doing root cause analysis to determine the fundamental origins of production issues. Their work will focus primarily on developing process and control procedures for manufacturing and troubleshooting errors that occur along the production line. The goal of this position is to ensure that our company can meet our production schedule and help lead our continuous improvement culture.
Specifically, the Production Manager will:
- Become an expert in the 3DEO metal 3D printing process including printing, part breakout, cleaning, sintering and post processing.
- Learn existing quality and performance metrics and make suggestions for improvement.
- Review, develop and optimize standard operating procedures for front line employees.
- Implement best of class housekeeping practices and implement 6S procedures.
- Identify and support facilities enhancements to enable production improvements or volume scaling
- Prepare product reports and documentation.
- Act as approving authority for parts to be shipped.
- Engage with customer engineers to ensure production success.
- Analyze critical dimensions and choose appropriate measurement methodology.
- Oversee operations and program state of the art optical/visual measurement systems.
- Research into the state-of-the-art equipment to always keep us at the cutting edge.
- Suggest and implement new infrastructure as appropriate to enhance performance and quality
- Design and implement automation (as part of a team) in quality control.
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new methods.
Qualifications & Experience:
An undergraduate production operations, mechanical engineering, or business degree is preferred, and a master’s degree is a plus. The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of experience, including:
- Proven working experience in production operations and direct labor management.
- Solid understanding of core manufacturing concepts including production management, scheduling, KPIs, lean manufacturing, process control methodology, structured problem analysis and continuous improvement.
- Hands-on experience with at least basic ERP systems.
- Creativity and analytical skills used in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and provide direction in a clear and understandable manner.
- Process instruction experience and knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience in 3D printing is a plus.
- Achievement Orientation - High energy, results-driven, determined, and flexible, with a strong and disciplined work ethic. Sets a quick pace, and constantly raises the bar and presses the organization toward higher levels of achievement while at the same time fostering a collaborative culture.
- Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels. Excellent listening skills;
- Team Player - Has the ability to work effectively with all people within the organization to ensure customers’ needs are being met or exceeded. Views the organization holistically and has a collegial, inclusive working style and is professional and courteous. Builds strong relationships both internally and externally. Can balance results and relationships to drive performance within the organization.