Jobs related to "Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room - Days"
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room - Days
Ascension, Birmingham Alabama
This job is no longer available.
We Are HiringWe are HiringJoin our family of dedicated, highly skilled operating room nurses at St. Vincent’s East in Trussville. We work together as a team and care for each other as a family. Our associates are incredibly supportive of each other and are candid in their abilities knowing that they have a team standing behind them. Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:20am – 3:00pmWeekend call, weekday call and holiday call Why join Ascension St. Vincent’s East is a 362-bed hospital located just 20 minutes from downtown Birmingham. Located in the suburbs, this campus has a beautiful view of the town and free and convenient parking.
- As a member of the operating room, you will have the opportunity to advance your knowledge in a highly specialized and mentoring environment.
- We offer many continuing education opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- As an associate of the national healthcare system Ascension, you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunities for advancement or relocation throughout your career.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during the procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to your hire date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of your hire date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of your hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- OR experience preferred