Jobs related to "Registered Nurse (RN) Charge - FT Evening - Birmingham"
Registered Nurse (RN) Charge - FT Evening - Birmingham
Ascension, Birmingham Alabama
We Are Hiring
Position: RN - Charge Nurse
Department: Geriatric Psychiatry Nursing Unit
Shift Details: Full-Time, Evening (M-F, 3p-11p)
Location: St Vincent's East - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent’s East Hospital Campus – Trussville, AL
St. Vincent’s East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown.
St. Vincent’s East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Charge with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to coordinate unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assigning, directing, educating and monitoring nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributing to or performing performance evaluations of staff.
- Assessing daily patient care needs and developing and distributing patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of patient care and identifying any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responding to complaints about patient care and managing through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 year of experience required.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)