We Are HiringTitle: RN-Med SurgLocation: St Vincent's East – Trussville, AL Department: 5 WEST SVEAdditional Job Details: 7:00a - 7:00pm; Full-Time, 36 hours, Weekly
We are offering competitive pay and s nice sign on bonus!What You Will Do? Your Medical Surgical Nursing career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents! Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. We’d like to invite you to grow your Med-Surg Nursing career with us!
As our Medical Surgical Nurse, you are the frontline provider who may have more facetime with our patients than any other professional in the hospital while also planning care, listening to patients’ concerns, and answering loved ones’ questions. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy and learn from leadership who likes to mentor their team.As our Med Surg Nurse, you will:
- Implement and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Great location with a suburb feel for patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.