We Are Hiring Come Join our Staff at St. Vincent’s BirminghamShift Details:
This position is a Weekend option Full Time Night Shift - 7p to 7a – Every Saturday and Sunday – Weekend Premium included. Experience Required
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for our associates: the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission. We offer a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental death benefits are also included. Associates can take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance and much more.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
nurses are ranked among the most sought-after specialty nurse professionals working today. CVICU nurse jobs entail administering care for patients following open-heart surgery and is considered the most highly specialized and critical intensive care unit. As such, you owe it to yourself to join a team that excels and has a history of revolutionizing methods of heart care. What You Will DoCardiovascular ICU
Cardiovascular ICU is a private 17- bed unit (12 ICU beds and 5 Open Heart Recovery beds) that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had Cardiothoracic Surgery. This includes: CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting), MVR (Mitral valve repair/replacement, AVR (aortic valve replacement), Thoracotomies, carotids and femoral popliteal bypass. You will see extensive hemodynamic monitoring, use of continuous bedside dialysis (CRRT), cardiac assist devices (IABP, external pace makers), you will have the opportunity to join the Code Blue Team and frequent use of vasoactive medications. On CVICU, you will be trained to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so that you can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. Our average nurse to patient ratio is 1:2 with some patients requiring 1:1 care. Our beds are normally full, and our staff is very rarely cancelled. Here at St. Vincent’s Birmingham, you will be joining a motivated, energetic staff and will be introduced to a team environment. CVICU is a great unit to develop or refine your ICU skills. Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Birmingham has over 400 beds and provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a compelling reputation in the Birmingham area as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location. St. Vincent’s Health System is the first and only health system in the nation to hold the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)’s heart accreditations in all three areas, those include atrial fibrillation, heart failure and chest pain. St. Vincent's Cardiovascular Care Center offers a variety of services to assist patients with cardiovascular problems. These services aid in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 6 months of hire
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)