Senior Accounting Associate (Bilingual)
New York, NY - ACG Resources
This role will support the Bank finance team by acting as a key resource in the month-end financial reporting processes. The Senior Accounting Associate will work in a team environment performing daily accounting tasks and also provide support to the business and finance teams by researching accounting issues and participating in ad-hoc projects.
- Reconciliation of nostro and other accounts.
- Assisting in the general financial accounting and maintenance of books & records.
- Posting of accounting entries into the general ledger as necessary and reconciliation where appropriate.
- Maintenance of financial static data in systems.
- Assist in the booking and accounting for fixed assets.
- Assist in the production of financial reports and general management information data.
- Coordinate the formulation of business plans/budgets and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends and opportunities to maximize earnings and minimize risk.
- Enhance the quality and professionalism of the finance function of the branch as is necessary and improve understanding of finance and accounting issues by other department heads and staff.
- Develop financial data and reports for business management at the frequency required by the management committees and the Head Office. Provide management information of a financial nature, and interpretation, for effective business decision making.
- Control the operating expenses and the capital expenditures to ensure adherence to budget limits and oversee the purchase ledger function.
- In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance area are maintained.
- Liaise with external auditors and prepare regulatory financial statements
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and investigate discrepancies on a timely basis. Monitor operating cash account balance to ensure adequate funding to
- pay invoices.
- Responsible for the accounts payable function.
- Prepare invoices for payment including coding invoices with appropriate general ledger accounts using the Bank’s chart of accounts, review for proper authorization, and enter invoices into the Bank’s accounts payable system (Sage ACCPAC). Track invoices subject to sales and use tax. Scan accounts payable documentation into the Bank’s document imaging system.
- Process employee reimbursements.
- Assist in preparing year-end 1099s as required.
- Prepare check, wire and ACH payments.
- Identify capital expenditures in accordance with Bank policy and record items in the Fixed Assets System (Sage FAS) based on accounting policy.
- Prepare GL journal entries to record activities as necessary.
- Other ad hoc projects assigned by management teams or Head of Finance
- Professional qualification in accounting/finance, CPA, C.A., C.G.A., or C.M.A is a must;
- Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields with line management experience, preferably in the financial services sector;
- Highly competent in producing written reports;
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting standards and theory, and financial management principles and techniques, including planning, forecasting and budgeting, and the ability to apply them effectively in banking environment;
- Knowledge of US taxation and regulatory requirements ;
- Proficiency for making financial evaluations and judgments and an ability to present recommendations, both oral and written;
- Experienced in working in an automated environment using accounts payable software, fixed assets software, and MS Office. Good working knowledge of MS Excel. Experience working with Sage ACCPAC and FAS would be helpful but not required;
- Fluency in English and Chinese;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, auditors and vendors to maximize performance creativity, problem solving and results.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/73945