Physician Assistant (PA) /Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) – Exciting Alaska!
Bethel, AK, United States - CareerBuilder
A journey that will take you farther. A culture that will bring you closer.
Modern medicine and traditional spirit meet here. Bethel offers the opportunity to enjoy small-town living in an area rich in traditional culture balanced with modern conveniences and amenities.
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation is currently seeking Physician Assistants/Family Nurse Practitioners (PA/FNP). If you are a PA/FNP who is committed to committed to achieving excellent care, please consider Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC).
- Care for acute and chronically ill adults and children
- Provide care to Level IV Trauma Center/ER patients
- Order and interpret lab and x-ray results with physician
- Evaluate and treat moderately ill adult and pediatric patients
- Work in the ER with physician caring for urgent care or lower acuity ER patients
- Assist with admission holding orders and doing procedures such as I & D's, suturing, LP's etc.
- Education, Certification: Must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of experience level, preferred
- Licensure: Must have Alaska License and DEA license, or within 3 months of hire
- Sign on bonus starting at $20,000
- Relocation allotment starting at $10,000
- Housing provided for first 30 days of employment
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks and Ten Paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage and Life/Disability Insurance
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Retirement Plans
- And more!
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is a fully accredited, 50-bed general acute care facility located in in Southerwestern Alaska. YKHC serves 28,000 people, providing health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population. Services provided through 50 clinics throughout the Y-K Delta.
About Bethel, AK
With a population of 6,000 people, Bethel serves as the regional transportation and service hub for 56 surrounding villages. There are countless outdoor activities to enjoy from skiing, bicycling, and kayaking, to caribou hunting and salmon fishing. With a low cost of living, and family-oriented environment, we offer a breath of fresh air from big city life. Come discover Alaska!
“Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health”