Seeking a Territory Manager
- The Territory Manager will develop prospects, generate new sales, and manage existing accounts in the territory consisting of 3-6 states. This position ensures continued sales growth in the assigned region.
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 Base + Commission (Total comp $100,000 + and uncapped)
Location: This person will work remote covering: Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North/South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
- Exceeds annual sales targets and continues to increase market share for all product lines within the territory
- Holds primary responsibility in the territory for the equipment sales process, including lead generation, lead follow-up, customer approach, product demonstration and sales order consummation and after-sale support
- Develops, utilizes and maintains the customer relationship management system insuring that customer focus and relationship building remain a focal point of the sales process
- Develops and maintains both new and existing customers
- Develops plan to ensure continued revenue growth
- Works closely with authorized distributors by providing knowledge, support and training in an effort to insure market representation and growth
- Elicit feedback from customers on existing service products, as well as changes, enhancements, and new offerings customers may like. Covey’s information to team members
- Continuously monitors market trends as it relates to current products, new product development, and market opportunities
- Prepares and submits expense, activity, and distributor related information in a timely basis as may be determined
- Plans, prepares, and attends trade shows as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or a related field or equivalent experience in required
- 3-5 years of related experience in sales with proven record of sales success
- 1-2 years minimum of industry experience (Aerial Lift or Equipment rental experience)
- The ability to build trust, and consummate appropriate sales relationships
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate well with all stakeholders
- The ability to organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- The Territory Manager role is primarily a field base role; hence domestic travel is required and may extend to a level beyond 75%.
- This travel requirement is based on distributor location, territory size and geographic location of the sales group.
- A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record within Company standards, as well as possessing the ability to be insured is required.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.