We Are HiringWe Are HiringBe the first smiling face our patients see after surgery. Join the St. Vincent’s Post-Anesthesia Unit (PACU) team. Schedule: Full-time
8:00 am – 8:30 pm with call Why join AscensionSt. Vincent’s Birmingham is a 400+ bed hospital conveniently located downtown. We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion and renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Power of Purpose: For the associates at St. Vincent’s, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
As our Post-Anesthesia Unit (PACU) Nurse, you will care for patients who have gone under anesthesia and are recovering surgery. While your patients are in the PACU, your job will be to monitor them to ensure their safety while they are still under anesthesia. You will monitor their vital signs, including their blood pressure, pulse, heart rate, and oxygen supply.Pain management will account for a large part of what you do in the PACU. Most surgical patients have a lot of pain to deal with when they wake up, so you will need to be able to properly administer them the medications which they need to stay as comfortable as possible.You will have to decide which patients are ready to be sent home based on whether they can walk and hold down fluids and whether any post-surgical complications have developed. Our PACU nurses also provide emotional support and information to patients and their families. What you will need: Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 Year phase 1 PACU experience preferred