We Are HiringWe Are HiringSt. Vincent’s Birmingham has an opportunity for a Charge Evening RN in the Operating Room! Sign-on Bonus: Up to $20,000! Schedule:Monday – Friday, Evening shift1:30pm - 10:00pm. No weekends or call required Why join AscensionSt. Vincent’s Birmingham is a 400+ bed hospital conveniently located downtown. We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion and renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Power of Purpose: For the associates at St. Vincent’s, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during the procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of your patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Directly assist the operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Strong sense of ethics
- Confidence with the ability to take direction and constructive criticism
- Educational competence and continual desire to learn skills to reflect current nursing practices.
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to you hire date.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of your hire date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of your hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- OR experience is preferred